The Seabury Tides

local stories by student journalists

The Seabury Tides

The Seabury Tides

Gold rush: Spartans bring home several MIL Championship titles

Several Seabury Hall track and field athletes took home medals on May 4 from the Maui Interscholastic League Championship.

The first event of the MIL Championship was the 4 by 800 relay, which included a second place finish by the Lady Spartans (Olivia Aoki, Layne Millen, Kayla Ratte, Freya Carlsen). Freshman Isabella Grossman was a triple crown winner with the 1,500, 800 and 3,000-meter races.

Freshman Kailana Hagan finished second place in the 1,500 and 3,000, while senior Layne finished third in the 3,000 with a state qualifying time. In a photo finish 400-meter dash that only had a 1 second spread among the top runners, Freya was 4th place.

Also on Saturday night, junior Jacob Romero earned a silver medal in the 1,500 and 800 before dropping a fast split in the boys 4 by 400 meter relay at the end of the evening for third place. The team included Cody Frampton, Zachary Bush, and Micah Brighton, who just a few minutes earlier, became the 3,000 boys champion.

The girls also finished third in the relay with Freya, Isabella, Kayla and Nanea Haake.

Seabury Hall sent state qualifiers to Oahu this week to compete at the HHSAA Track and Field Championships at Mililani High School. Click here for the state story.