Opinion: Fear not, students, it is possible to have a social life!

School and social life are like oil and water; they don’t mix. You want to hang out with your friends, but you need to study for tomorrow’s big test. Dear teens, there is a way for you to balance your school, homework, and social life.

Do your homework at school! This will help you have a social life outside of school and do sports without any worries of finishing work later that night. Take any breaks in between classes, at lunch, during free blocks, and in study halls to finish whatever needs to be done because being productive at school is way better than sitting at home staying up until midnight to finish your homework.

For me, I run after school from 3:30 PM to 6 PM, leaving me with no time to do homework after dinner. I like going to bed at 9:00 Pm and not sacrificing my sleep for school work. I do most (if not all) of my assignments at school, which helps me manage my stress and concentrate on things other than school work.

When you are studying, turn off any distractions, like phones, social media sites, and even friends. Find a quiet place in your home or school that you know will benefit you the best. When you are at home, immediately do your homework and nothing else because it will give you more time to socialize. You can always go on your phone or computer later that day.

Academics put a lot of stress and anxiety on students who want to be successful. Teenagers start thinking of the future and look at the big picture instead of seeing the steps to achieve their future. It is crucial to find a balance for the student to be able to do as well as he/she wants.

School is very important, but being healthy and less stressed are more important because if you clear your mind for a while you will be able to work harder.

Social life is a big part of high school life, and every student needs to have a break from school. It is healthy to stop work and take a break with friends and to forget about school for a little bit. However, you should not procrastinate because it will only hurt you in the long run.

Finding a balance that fits you is definitely difficult, but it is doable to have all three: school, sports, and a social life. Remember, teens, if you do your homework at school during the free time you are given, you will have less work at home and on the weekends. A balance of all three is crucial to having a successful and stress-free high school career.