Seabury Hall decks the halls and celebrates the holidays

Sophomores+Amy+Ozee%2C+Bel+Cagen%2C+and+Katelyn+McCollor+get+into+the+holiday+spirit+by+decorating+cookies+during+lunch+on+Friday%2C+Dec.+13.+

Emily Davis

Sophomores Amy Ozee, Bel Cagen, and Katelyn McCollor get into the holiday spirit by decorating cookies during lunch on Friday, Dec. 13.

This sight of Mr.Schmidt walking out on stage during morning assembly on Wednesday, Dec. 11 with a big grin and a red santa hat on was one of the first signs that the holidays are on their way to Seabury Hall.

Each December, students and faculty begin to be filled with joy and excitement because the season of giving, food, and more food is here. Seabury Hall is not waiting any longer to begin celebrating the holidays before Winter Break arrives.

Many students have contributed to organizing the events held at the school. On Thursday Dec. 12, there was ornament making during lunch in the dining hall, where students got to show their creativity along and take home cute little ornaments to hang on their Christmas trees.

Freshman class representative Lily Pickering said, “It’s a fun way to get everyone in the holiday spirit.”

On Friday, Dec. 13, there was cookie decorating during lunch, where students got to decorate and eat their spirited creations.

On Sunday, Dec. 15, Kahu Kawika will be leading a special chapel service to inform students about advent and the season of giving in the chapel at 3:00 PM.

On the morning of Monday, Dec. 16, there will be the annual holiday music assembly. The Hawaiian ensemble, which is led by Mr. Toda, will perform three songs. They will also encourage all students to join in the singing of Christmas carols. Students are also encouraged to wear Santa hats to school on Monday.

“Getting up and singing Christmas carols is going to be very fun,” said Mr.Toda. The Hawaiian ensemble will also be going to Hale Makua to perform for the elderly of Maui’s community.

There is no better way to end a great semester then by attending the “winter wonderland” themed dance organized by the Upper School social committee. Being the first semi-formal dance of the year, girls will be allowed to wear nice dresses and heels while dancing in a winter wonderland. The dance will be held on the last day of school, on Thursday, Dec. 19.

Even though the semester is coming to an end, Seabury Hall students and faculty are doing a great job at making the campus fun and jolly before the holidays. From the decorating of cookies and ornaments to the last dance of the semester, Seabury Hall is really getting into the holiday spirit and is spreading the idea of giving and joy to all of the students on campus.

Even though it does not snow in Hawaii in the winter and we do not need to bundle up in eight pounds of clothing to stay warm, we can still enjoy the winter holidays during this fun and festive week at Seabury Hall.