Donate your cans! Seabury Hall is hosting a canned food drive

Seabury+Hall%27s+students+and+faculty+are+encouraged+to+donate+nonperishable+food+items+in+support+of+the+school%27s+Thanksgiving+food+drive.+

Rachel Gilbert

Seabury Hall's students and faculty are encouraged to donate nonperishable food items in support of the school's Thanksgiving food drive.

Jun Cai and Aiden Gera

Who: Everyone in the Seabury Hall community is encouraged to bring in cans, students and faculty alike.

What: Any nonperishable goods, including cans, cereal, rice, ramen, etc.

When: Drop off at school any day between Monday, Nov. 16 and Wednesday, Nov. 25.

Where: The upper or middle school offices

Why: Food drives help the community by providing food for those who are hungry and in need financially. Especially during this season, there are many that can not afford a holiday dinner without the help of our giving community, and every can makes a difference! As an additional incentive for students, if 2,500 cans are donated, then there will be an early-release day. If 5,000 cans are donated, then there will be a sleep-in day. As of Thursday morning, 510 items of food have been donated to the upper school office.

How: This will benefit the Maui community by helping those who are less fortunate, and giving them what we take for granted. By helping those who are in need, we are enhancing the overall community. Also, most of us probably have cans of food hiding in the back of the pantry that we have forgotten about or will not use, so please bring them in to help feed families in need.